|Version 1 (modified by 10 years ago) (diff),|
Haskell.org's Google Summer of Code 2006 Project
This wiki is for organizing the Haskell.org participation in the Google summer of Code, keeping track of the projects, tasks, and publish news.
We are very pleased to announce that nine Haskell projects have been selected to receive funding to the value of $45k under Google's 2006 Summer of Code program. A wide range of projects will be worked on, contributing to the community important tools and libraries. The students have until August 21 to complete their projects, and receive their grants.
The following projects were successful. Congratulations to these students!
- Fast Mutable Collection Types for Haskell
- Caio Marcelo de Oliveira Filho
- Mentor: Audrey Tang
- Port Haddock to use GHC
- David Waern
- Mentor: Simon Marlow
- A model for client-side scripts with HSP
- Joel Björnson
- Mentor: Niklas Broberg
- GHCi based debugger for Haskell
- José Iborra López
- Mentor: David Himmelstrup
- Jun Mukai
- Mentor: Shae Erisson
- Language.C - a C parser written in Haskell
- Marc van Woerkom
- Mentor: Manuel Chakravarty
- Implement a better type checker for Yhc
- Leon P Smith
- Mentor: Malcolm Wallace
- Thin out cabal-get and integrate in GHC
- Paolo Martini
- Mentor: Isaac Jones
- Unicode ByteString, Data.Rope, Parsec for generic strings
- Spencer Janssen
- Mentor: Don Stewart
We wish the students good luck and good hacking!
The Haskell.org Team.
- Haskell.org entry
- Google Summer of Code Home
- Student FAQ
- Mentor FAQ
- Official Google Student Application Page
- People - People interested in the project.
- Project ideas organized by topic (short list).
- Add a project idea - no need to sign in
For a complete list of local wiki pages, see TitleIndex.