|Version 13 (modified by bos, 9 years ago) (diff)|
This page is an attempt to list some high-priority projects for SoC 2007. Each item lists the mentors who think that the project is a high priority project.
The goal of this list is not to stop students from suggesting or applying for other projects, but rather to show them some projects we mentors would be likely to vote for. A good student who makes a good case for a project not on this list, will still be in with a good chance, bearing in mind our stated bias towards work on libraries, compilers, and tools, that is, infrastructure to support the growth of the language, rather than (say) applications that merely use Haskell.
- Hackage Web Interface, Doc-Browser (bringert, PhilippaCowderoy?,ndm)
- Implement Cabal configurations (bringert)
- More Hackage / Cabal projects. Hackage should be the one place for Haskell libraries after this summer. (bringert,ndm)
- HaRe in GHC (bringert, PhilippaCowderoy? subject to reading feasibility report)
- Bring Hat tracing back to life (bringert, PhilippaCowderoy?,ndm)
- Generalising Parsec to ParsecT with arbitrary input streams (bringert, PhilippaCowderoy?,dons, bos)
- HTTP Library Replacement (bos, bringert, PhilippaCowderoy?,ndm,dons)
- GuiHaskell (bringert,ndm)
- MIME Library (bringert, bos)
- Matrices (dons)
Additionally, identifying a top 10 list of libraries from languages like erlang, ocaml, python and ruby, that are missing in Haskell, should be done.