|Version 68 (modified by simonmar@…, 7 years ago) (diff)|
Welcome to Haskell'
The Haskell programming language is more-or-less divided into two "branches". The Haskell 98 standard is the "stable" branch of the language, and that has been a big success. A lot of progress has been made over the last few years in the "research" branch of the Haskell language. It is constantly advancing, and we feel that it is time for a new standard which reflects those advancements.
Haskell' will be a relatively conservative refinement of Haskell 98. It will be the work of this committee to adopt a set of language extensions and modifications and to standardize a new set of libraries. We maintain a set of Principles to help guide our choices.
These are the resources that the community and committee are using during development of Haskell'.
- The haskell-prime mailing list: all technical discussion will take place here, or (if other meetings take place) be reported here. Anyone can subscribe, and any subscriber can post questions and comments, and participate in discussions. Anyone can read the list archives.
- This wiki: to document consensus. This system is publicly readable, but only committee writable so that we may present it as the "official" output of the committee. If you ever feel that the wiki is not accurate as to the consensus, please alert the committee! See WikiGuidelines.
- The Status page documents the current status of each proposal or issue. This page is automatically generated from the darcs repository at http://darcs.haskell.org/haskell-prime-status.
- The Haskell Prime Report is under construction, and the online version is kept automatically updated.
- The haskell-prime code repository: a darcs repository for experiments, proposed libraries,and complex examples. darcs is a decentralized system, so anyone can use it, but patches should be sent to Isaac Jones.
(March 2008) After a quiet 12 months or so, we are gathering momentum again, and the committee is beginning to make concrete decisions. To see what has been decided, keep an eye on the Status page.