|Version 3 (modified by ross@…, 8 years ago) (diff)|
Possible New Pragmas
While implementations are never under any obligation to follow pragmas, it is good to have standardized meanings for common pragmas so that when implementations do use them they can do so in a way that is compatable with others.
- LINE - hopefully with optional character position as well as line number so that intraline error reporting can work properly.
- SRCLOC_ANNOTATE - generalized Assertions? which can be used to annotate any function with its use site.
- DEPRECATED - mark modules, classes, types and functions that have been deprecated
- LANGUAGE - a pragma for specifying language options with a common compiler-independent namespace.
- ENCODING - see UnicodeInHaskellSource
- INCLUDE - see ForeignFunctionInterface
GHC supports DEPRECATED, LANGUAGE and INCLUDE. Cabal uses LANGUAGE and INCLUDE.