|Version 4 (modified by john@…, 9 years ago) (diff)|
- Type Classes with Functional Dependencies (paper) by Mark P. Jones, in ESOP 2000. A semi-formal description of a more restricted system than implemented by GHC and Hugs.
- Sound and Decidable Type Inference for Functional Dependencies by Gregory J. Duck, Simon Peyton Jones, Peter J. Stuckey and Martin Sulzmann, in ESOP 2004. (extended version)
- Description from the GHC User's manual.
- Problem with functional dependencies (email) by Simon Peyton Jones - is there a conclusion here? Further work?
- In GHC and Hugs for a long time.
- Recently, some problems with FDs have been identified, see also the material on AssociatedTypes.