|Version 62 (modified by dterei, 4 years ago) (diff)|
Working conventions for working on GHC
GHC is a BSD-licensed open-source project, and we welcome your help in making it better. This page has pointers to information you'll need.
First, make sure you are familiar with GHC's Licensing. Unless you say otherwise, we will assume that if you submit a contribution to GHC, then you intend to supply it to us under the same license as the existing code. However, we do not ask for copyright attribution; you retain copyright on any contributions you make, so feel free to add your copyright to the top of any file in which you make non-trivial changes.
These pages guide you step-by-step through making a contribution:
- Using Git: Our conventions and some useful tips for using git are here: Using Git.
- OLD: Using Darcs: Our conventions and some useful tips for using darcs are here: Using Darcs.
- Using the Bug Tracker: see Using the Bug Tracker
- Coding style: When you are editing GHC's source code, please follow our coding guidelines:
- Testing: all patches that go into GHC must first pass validation, which ensures that a basic build works and the regression test suite passes.