|Version 98 (modified by igloo, 8 years ago) (diff)|
Welcome to the GHC Developer Wiki
This is the home for GHC developers, one place for all the resources related to developing GHC. If you're only interested in using GHC, then you probably want The GHC home page instead.
Please help us improve the information here. You can easily do this by editing the wiki directly. Just log in as user guest with password guest. The "Help/Guide" link at the top of every page gives a good description of the markup language etc.
- We now have stricter patch testing requirements for patches to GHC and the libraries.
- Volunteer your machine as a GHC build slave. This will help us find and fix issues with GHC on your platform quickly.
- We ran a GHC Hackathon just before ICFP 2006 in Portland, Oregon. As a result, The GHC Commentary is now completely revised, and it's in the GHC Wiki, so you can help keep it up to date. (For the dedicated, videos of the Simons presenting this material are on the Hackathon page.)
- Internships at Microsoft Research, Cambridge, working on Haskell and GHC
Release cycle status
- Development steams ahead on the HEAD, with the FC intermediate language changes, associated types, STM invariants, Code Coverage, and interface file optimisations all going in.
- We are aiming for the first 6.8 release candidate at the beginning of September, and the 6.8 release at the beginning of October.
- The 6.6 branch is now considered closed. Patches are no longer being merged into it, and we do not intend to do another release of it.
Snapshot distributions of all active branches are available.
- Buildbot status page.
- Building and Porting GHC
All information on getting the sources, building GHC, and porting GHC is here.