|Version 91 (modified by igloo, 9 years ago) (diff)|
Welcome to the GHC Developer Wiki
This is the home for GHC developers, one place for all the resources related to developing GHC. If you're only interested in using GHC, then you probably want The GHC home page instead.
Please help us improve the information here. You can easily do this by editing the wiki directly. Just log in as user guest with password guest. The "Help/Guide" link at the top of every page gives a good description of the markup language etc.
- Volunteer your machine as a GHC build slave. This will help us find and fix issues with GHC on your platform quickly.
- We ran a GHC Hackathon just before ICFP 2006 in Portland, Oregon. As a result, The GHC Commentary is now completely revised, and it's in the GHC Wiki, so you can help keep it up to date. (For the dedicated, videos of the Simons presenting this material are on the Hackathon page.)
- Internships at Microsoft Research, Cambridge, working on Haskell and GHC
Release cycle status
- Development steams ahead on the HEAD, with the FC intermediate language changes, associated types, STM invariants, and interface file optimisations all going in.
- The darcs repositories for the 6.6 branch have been created (see DarcsRepositories). 6.6 has been tagged and released, and the next release from this branch will be 6.6.1. Bug-fixes only on the 6.6 branch; no API changes from now on.
- We are aiming for a 6.6.1 release candidate on the 6th April, and release on the 20th April.
Snapshot distributions of both branches are available.
- Building and Porting GHC
All information on getting the sources, building GHC, and porting GHC is here.