|Version 26 (modified by simonmar, 9 years ago) (diff)|
Welcome to the GHC Trac
This is the home for GHC developers, one place for all the resources related to developing GHC. If you're only interested in using GHC, then you probably want The GHC home page instead.
Please help us improve the information here. You can easily do this by editing the wiki directly. Just log in as user guest with password guest. The "Help/Guide" link at the top of every page gives a good description of the markup language etc.
For a complete list of local wiki pages, see TitleIndex.
The bug tracker
The GHC sources
We are in a transition between revision control systems. The source tree is currently held in a CVS repository:
We are currently maintaining a mirror of the CVS repository in a darcs repository, with the aim of switching to using darcs for development.
How to get started with hacking on GHC:
- Pick an easy bug report or task to work on
- Grab the latest sources (darcs is recommended, see above)
- Set up your build tree
- Useful information about GHC's architecture is in the commentary
- Hack away... ask questions on the cvs-ghc mailing list
- Submit patches back, using darcs send is the recommended way.
- The Building Guide: Information on how to build GHC from sources and port GHC to a new platform.
- The GHC Commentary: Information on the internals of GHC, in various states of up-to-dateness.
- GhcPapers: papers and pointers to other documents that relate to the inner workings of GHC.
These pages should eventually move to the other Wiki.