|Version 105 (modified by igloo, 7 years ago) (diff)|
Welcome to the GHC Developer Wiki
This is the home for GHC developers, one place for all the resources related to developing GHC. If you're only interested in using GHC, then you probably want The GHC home page instead.
If you are a new GHC developer, and just want to get started, then don't read any more of this page; instead look at Getting Started (which is always in the sidebar under "Joining in").
If you are a regular GHC developer, then the rest of this page, and the sidebar, are for you.
Please help improve the GHC developer's wiki
Please help us improve the information on the GHC developer's wiki. You can easily do this by editing the wiki directly. Just register an account, and then edit away. Alternatively, log in as user guest with password guest (but we'd prefer you to create an account, because it enables us to contact you if necessary). The "Help/Guide" link at the top of every page gives a good description of the markup language etc.
- We now have stricter patch testing requirements for patches to GHC and the libraries.
- Volunteer your machine as a GHC build slave. This will help us find and fix issues with GHC on your platform quickly.
- We ran a GHC Hackathon just before ICFP 2006 in Portland, Oregon. As a result, The GHC Commentary is now completely revised, and it's in the GHC Wiki, so you can help keep it up to date. (For the dedicated, videos of the Simons presenting this material are on the Hackathon page.)
- Internships at Microsoft Research, Cambridge, working on Haskell and GHC
Release cycle status
- Development steams ahead on the HEAD, with the FC intermediate language changes, associated types, STM invariants, Code Coverage, and interface file optimisations all going in.We hope to release 6.10 around ICFP 2008.
- The 6.8 branch is the current STABLE, and 6.8.2 is the latest release. Our current plan is to release 6.8.3 around the end of May 2008.
Snapshot distributions of all active branches are available.
- Buildbot status page.
- Building and Porting GHC
All information on getting the sources, building GHC, and porting GHC is here.