|Version 1 (modified by trac, 10 years ago) (diff)|
Email Notification of Ticket Changes
Table of Contents
Trac supports basic notification for ticket changes using email.
Email notification is useful to keep users up-to-date on tickets/issues of interest, and also provides a convenient way to post ticket changes to a dedicated mailing list. Note: As an example, this is how the Trac-tickets mailing list works.
Disabled by default, notification can be activated and configured in trac.ini.
When reporting a new ticket or adding a comment, enter a valid email address in the reporter, editor or cc field. Trac will automatically send you an email when changes are made to the ticket.
This is useful to keep up-to-date on an issue or enhancement request that interests you.
Configuring SMTP Notification
These are the available options for the [notification] section in trac.ini.
- smtp_enabled: Enable email notification.
- smtp_server: SMTP server used for notification messages.
- smtp_user: (requires 0.9) user name for authentication SMTP account.
- smtp_password: (requires 0.9) password for authentication SMTP account.
- smtp_from: Email address to use for Sender-headers in notification emails.
- smtp_replyto: Email address to use for Reply-To-headers in notification emails.
- smtp_always_cc: List of email addresses to always send notifications to. Typically used to post ticket changes to a dedicated mailing list.
- always_notify_reporter: Always send notifications to any address in the reporter field.
- always_notify_owner: (requires 0.9) Always send notifications to the address in the owner field.
Either smtp_from or smtp_replyto (or both) must be set, otherwise Trac refuses to send notification mails.
[notification] smtp_enabled = true smtp_server = mail.example.com smtp_from = [email protected] smtp_replyto = [email protected] smtp_always_cc = [email protected], [email protected]
#42: testing ---------------------------+------------------------------------------------ Id: 42 | Status: assigned Component: report system | Modified: Fri Apr 9 00:04:31 2004 Severity: major | Milestone: 0.9 Priority: lowest | Version: 0.6 Owner: anonymous | Reporter: [email protected] [email protected]----------- Changes: * component: changset view => search system * priority: low => highest * owner: jonas => anonymous * cc: [email protected] => [email protected], [email protected] * status: new => assigned Comment: I'm interested too! -- Ticket URL: <http://example.com/trac/ticket/42> My Project <http://myproj.example.com/>