This page collects tickets that Simon PJ is interested in, so that he remembers them
- #2253: NCG could do better. Look at this when John D’s ncg is working
- #2762: Arity analysis
- #1434: Slow conversion Double to Int
- #2439: Strict dictionaries
- #2002: Very slow compilation. (There is linear stack growth with depth of linear list literal, which we think is ok, but it still should not be so slow.) Needs profiling
- #2132: Optimise nested comparisons: if you know x>0 then you know x>=1 etc. Maybe a special pass that knows about arithmetic?
- #783: SRTs getting big
- #1969: quadratic behaviour in the specialiser
- #1216: array indexing, inlining/arity bug
- #149: float-out/CSE
- #2078: INLINing improvement; ask Christian.Maeder@… to see if it improves CASL
- #2463: mall change makes a big change to inlining (of a record) and performance
- #2289, 2387:(a) cheap check at start of case alternatives, (b) nested CPR analysis
- #1818: code size regression Simonmar
- #2092: Possible quadratic-sized Eq instances. Does it really go quadratic, or does the join-point inlining machinery prevent it? Simonmar
- #2255: Improve SpecConstr for free variables
- #2374: SAT and MutableByteArray Max?
- #2420: Inlining of class methods infelicity (odd rather than bad)
- #2202: Typechecker loop, caused by normalization of equalities. There’s a related bug from Bryan Donlan in the same ticket.
- #1870: Panic compiling regex-tdfa-0.93
- #1148, 2267, 1074: “Unused import” warnings should be generated from RdrNames
- #2193: Bad error message with impredicative types
- #2182: GHCi session retains instance after removing a module from scope
- #2152: Bogus inlining of foregn import. Arises from seeing through a NOINLINE in
- #1241: Lifting the Coverage Condition for functional dependencies isn’t the Right Thing Manuel
- #2256: Incomplete inference due to lack of quantification over implication constraints. Also, see “ WARNING” in
TcSimplify line 717 or thereabouts.
fdPredsOfInsts is returning preds that mention quantified variables, which is quite wrong Manuel
- #2219: GADT refinement fails to refine type variable Manuel
- #2239: Lack of improvement with type functions Manuel
- #1954: Incorrect “defined but not used” msg
Better error messages
- #2648: Report out of date interface files robustly
- #2599: Better error message for non-rigid types
- #2588: Better error message about ‘forall’
- #2360: Better location info in occurs-check message.
- #1856: Better error message for mutually recursive modules
- #1928: Confusing type error message (Claus makes suggestions)
- #2534: Another confusing type error message
- #2442: Better error message heuristics for “not in scope” Max B’s patch
- #2340: Better TH error recovery. Easy to do; change to signature of qRecover.
- #788 Class aliases
- #2086: Require bang patterns on unlifted let-bindings
- #2600: Bind type variables in RULES
- #2595: Record update for existentials
- #1930: Infix type operators: a+b.
- #1441: Generate local info for ‘undefined’. Implicit location parameters in general
- #1475: Allow TH to generate import declarations
- #2135: Warn when exporting a function whose type mentions a type constructor defined locally but not itself exported
- #2526: Add -fwarn-missing-export-signatures
- #2119: Explicitly importing deprecated symbols should generate deprecation warnings
- #2116: GHCi should load as much of the module as it can
- #2207: Load interfaces for GHC.* even without -O
- #1231: Better deprecations
Download in other formats: