This page summarises the state of play on GHC
Here are our release plans for
We release GHC on multiple platforms; the platforms page gives details.
For fun: the release plans for previous releases:
Automated builds and performance testing
We keep notes on compiler performance
- Performance/Runtime for issues pertaining to the performance of code generated by GHC.
- Performance/Compiler for issues pertaining to the performance of GHC itself.
We have several automated ways of monitoring GHC. Each has its own detailed description page.
- Harbormaster is a part of Phabricator, which builds all GHC commits and incoming patches for testing.
- The GHC builders build GHC every night on multiple platforms.
- Travis also watches the repository for new commits (any branch) and validates them.
- Our performance dashboard monitors changes in the performance of GHC itself, and of programs compiled by GHC, with a per-commit granularity.
- Haskell.org server status page
Template Haskell has its own status page at TemplateHaskell/Status.
Tickets and patches
- Summary of open tickets, listed by component.
- Ticket statistics: the number of tickets created in a certain year, and their current status.
- Status/SLPJ-Tickets is a curation of interesting tickets by SPJ
- The GHC bug sweep attends to lost and forgotten tickets.
- Active Core Libraries tickets (these tickets have "Component" set to "Core Libraries")
Biannual status reports
Here are biannual GHC status reports, published in the Haskell Communities and Activities Report
- GHC status October 2016
- GHC status May 2016
- GHC status October 2015
- GHC status May 2015
- GHC status October 2014
- GHC status May 2014
- GHC status October 2013
- GHC status May 2013
- GHC status October 2012
- GHC status May 2012
- GHC status October 2011
- GHC status May 2011
- GHC status October 2010
- GHC status April 2010
- GHC status October 2009
- GHC status May 2009
- GHC status October 2008
- GHC status May 2008
- GHC status November 2007
- GHC status April 2007
- GHC status October 2006