GHC Trac Home
GHC Git Repos
Report a bug
Mailing Lists & IRC
The GHC Team
GHC Status Info
Tickets I Created
Patches for review
New Feature Req
side by side
lines around each change
Show the changes in full context
White space changes
Apr 8, 2007 4:11:53 PM (
=== Pending ===
* Replace Loc with a proper source span type
* Look at slow behaviour of :print command on long list of chars (I've asked Pepe about this).
* Investigate whether the compiler is eta contracting this def: "bar xs = print xs", this could be a problem if we want to print out "xs".
* Implement show command (to list currently set breakpoints)
* Fix the ghci help command
* Implement the delete command (to delete one or more breakpoints)
* Save/restore the link environment at break points. At a breakpoint we modify both the hsc_env of the current Session, and
also the persistent linker state. Both of these are held under IORefs, so we have to be careful about what we do here. The "obvious" option is to save both of these states on the resume stack when we enter a break point and then restore them when we continue execution. I have to check with Simon if there are any difficult issues that need to be resolved here, like gracefully handling exceptions etc.
* Remove dependency on -fhpc flag, put debugging on by default and have a flag to turn it off
* Allow break points to be set by function name. Some questions: what about local functions? What about functions inside
type class instances, and default methods of classes?
* Support Unicode in data constructor names inside info tables
* Fix the slow search of the ticktree for larger modules, perhaps by keeping the ticktree in the module info, rather than re-generating it each time.
* use a primop for inspecting the STACK_AP, rather than a foreign C call
=== Done ===