|Version 3 (modified by kirsten, 10 years ago) (diff)|
Building GHC on Mac OS X 10.2, by Kirsten aged 26 1/52
- grab the HEAD off darcs, per [Building/GettingTheSources] (no problems here)
- run autoreconf (this went ok, because I had just upgraded my autoconf in order to build darcs)
- run ./configure
- oops, I only have happy 1.13, it wants happy 1.15
- go to the happy download page. what, no Mac OS X binary?
- grab the happy sources
- ./configure, make, make install. so far so good
- ./configure GHC again
- LOL, I need alex 2.0
- why isn't this integrated into the GHC build process? also, googling for just "alex" is un-useful. so is googling for "alex lexer" and "alex lexer haskell"
- LOL, *still* no Mac OS X binary.
- ./configure; make in alex
- have disgusting IM conversation with friend while waiting
- alex: "you lose at life":
Creating a symbolic link from alex-2.0.1 to alex in /usr/local/bin failed: `/usr/local/bin/alex' already exists Perhaps remove `/usr/local/bin/alex' manually? make: *** [install] Error 1 make: *** [install] Error 1 make: *** [install] Error 1
- consider a career change
- rm /usr/local/bin/alex
- sudo rm /usr/local/bin/alex
- sudo make me a sandwich
- sudo make install
- okay, I have alex. yippee.
- ./configure in GHC again