|Version 3 (modified by jberthold, 7 years ago) (diff)|
Glasgow Parallel Haskell (GpH) and Eden documentation
This page will describe the GpH and Eden parallel variants of GHC. This is work in progress.
St Andrews will host the HackPar parallel hackathon in December to progress this...
What follows is an entry page to describe technical documentation of the Eden/GpH implementation in parallel systems with distributed memory.
The different aspects are covered by separate pages reachable from here.
Modifications to implement Eden (and parallel RTS instances in general)
- Compiler Ways? for parallelism
- Startup and Shutdown? of the parallel system
- Packing and Unpacking Heap Structures?
- Primitive Operations for Coordination Control?
- Placeholders, Garbage Collection, other Aspects?
- event logging for parallel Haskell
- GUM variant of packing code, using global addressing