|Version 21 (modified by trommler, 3 years ago) (diff)|
This page tells you how to get started with hacking on GHC.
Contributing to the Wiki
- Register an account, so that you can edit pages
- Look at the "Wiki" links in the green sidebar on the left of every page
Getting GHC to build on your machine
- The Building Guide has all the information you need to set up your system for building GHC, and get a working development build.
Deciding what to work on
- You may have a pet project of your own. If you are wondering which bits of the compiler would be important for you, start by consulting the Commentary.
- Pick an easy bug report or task to work on
- Help us with our BugSweep
Contributing back to GHC
For a description of the process of making a change to GHC and contributing it back, see working conventions.