|Version 21 (modified by guest, 9 years ago) (diff)|
How Should We Spend Friday?
Add projects ideas you have, and add your name if you're interested in working on them.
- Hacking the build system (for example)
- Setting up GHC to build the base library using Cabal (since you have the GHC team, the Cabal team and the hmake team in one place!)
- Isaac Jones - I can be available for general Cabal questions as well.
- Hacking on Cabal-Get (not really a GHC thing!)
- Isaac Jones
- Fix C-- (cmm) output?
- Discussing proposed changes to backend and code generation
- Discussing dynamic linking
- Strategies in debugging GHC and RTS.
- Improve instance deriving: allow deriving Enum for more types, allow deriving Eq, Ord, Show for GADTs. -- Bjorn Bringert
The above are specific projects or subgroups that might form. What about more generally? How should we organise the day?
- just let everyone hack on individual projects, with floating Simons to help. --- I'd like that.
- form subgroups to work together on shared projects
- Project ideas here?
- Resuscitate ExternalCore
- Low hanging optimizations?
- Rewrite the Evil Mangler in Haskell?
- GHC RTS in Cyclone?
- Work on GHC API, I would like to use it to provide feedback and interactivity to programmers
- Hook a multithreaded memory manager into the RTS
- have more explanatory talk sessions led from the front
- form subgroups for explanatory sessions on different topics (but not to work on a shared project)
- work on fleshing out the wiki/commentary?
- Space leaks
- short example posted to cafe by Rodrigues (http://haskell.org/pipermail/haskell-cafe/2006-June/016171.html, http://haskell.org/pipermail/haskell-cafe/2006-July/016709.html)