|Version 13 (modified by 6 years ago) (diff),|
EventLog is a fast, extensible event logging framework in the GHC run-time system (RTS) to support profiling of GHC run-time events. The GHC User's Guide describes how to enable event logging, after the program is linked with
Log events in binary format to the file program.eventlog, where flags is a sequence of zero or more characters indicating which kinds of events to log. Currently there is only one type supported: -ls, for scheduler events.
The format of the log file is described by the header EventLogFormat.h that comes with GHC, and it can be parsed in Haskell using the ghc-events library. To dump the contents of a .eventlog file as text, use the tool show-ghc-events that comes with the ghc-events package.
- EventLog framework is located in ghc_root/rts/eventlog/
- A ghc-events library to parse EventLog files for any visualizer, which relies upon the Data.Binary library.
- Visualizer: ThreadScope
- Available in GHC 6.10.x in ghc_root/rts/eventlog
- ghc-events: EventLog binary file parser for profilers
- ThreadScope: thread-level profiler for GHC EventLog events
- Parallel Performance Tuning for Haskell (Don Jones Jr., Simon Marlow, Satnam Singh) Haskell '09: Proceedings of the second ACM SIGPLAN symposium on Haskell, Edinburgh, Scotland, ACM, 2009
- Satnam Singh
- Simon Marlow
- Donnie Jones <donnie@…>