|Version 12 (modified by dons, 5 years ago) (diff)|
EventLog is a fast, extensible event logging framework in the GHC run-time system (RTS) to support profiling of GHC run-time events. The GHC User's Guide describes how to enable event logging, after the program is linked with eventlog
Log events in binary format to the file program.eventlog, where flags is a sequence of zero or more characters indicating which kinds of events to log. Currently there is only one type supported: -ls, for scheduler events.
The format of the log file is described by the header EventLogFormat.h that comes with GHC, and it can be parsed in Haskell using the ghc-events library. To dump the contents of a .eventlog file as text, use the tool show-ghc-events that comes with the ghc-events package.
- EventLog framework is located in ghc_root/rts/eventlog/
- A ghc-events library to parse EventLog files for any visualizer, which relies upon the Data.Binary library.
- Visualizer: ThreadScope
- Available in GHC 6.10.x in ghc_root/rts/eventlog
- ghc-events: EventLog binary file parser for profilers
- ThreadScope: thread-level profiler for GHC EventLog events
- Parallel Performance Tuning for Haskell (Don Jones Jr., Simon Marlow, Satnam Singh) Haskell '09: Proceedings of the second ACM SIGPLAN symposium on Haskell, Edinburgh, Scotland, ACM, 2009
- Satnam Singh
- Simon Marlow
- Donnie Jones <donnie@…>