|Version 10 (modified by simonpj, 5 years ago) (diff)|
This part of the wiki collects all the information related to debugging GHC: that includes debugging the compiler itself, the libraries, the runtime system, the code generator, or the build system.
- Reproducing the test case. You may need to install some packages to reproduce the test case, and that may take a little care: Debugging/InstallingPackagesInplace.
- Debugging the compiler itself. If you're debugging a compiler panic or some problem in GHC itself, then go to Debugging/Compiler
- Debugging a compiled program. If the compiled program crashes or panics, then go to Debugging/CompiledCode
- Debugging the runtime system. See Debugging/RuntimeSystem
- Performance debugging.
- Debugging/ProfilingGhc: Profiling the compiler itself.
- Debugging/TickyTicky: for debugging performance-related issues in compiled code. Typically for performance debugging of the Simplifier and Core-level optimisations.
- Debugging/LowLevelProfiling: way to investigate low-level performance, typically for performance debugging of the code generator or RTS.