|Version 60 (modified by simonpj, 6 years ago) (diff)|
Building and Porting GHC
This Guide is primarily aimed at those who want to build and/or hack on GHC. It describes how to get started with building GHC on your machine, and how to tweak the settings to get the kind of build you want. It also describes the inner workings of the build system, so you can extend it, modify it, and use it to build your code.
- Setting up your system for building GHC
- Getting the sources
- Just building and installing GHC
- Platforms that GHC currently supports
Getting started for developers
- Getting started with the build system
- How do I re-build after updating or changing GHC?
- FAQ: Solving common problems with building GHC. If anything goes wrong, look here first.
More detailed information about using the build system
- Building the documentation
- Installing GHC from a build
- Unregisterised builds
- Porting GHC to a new platform
More detailed information about how the build system works
Platform-specific building instructions:
Please feel free to add pages here. In due course, information can be incorporated into the main documentation above.