|Version 34 (modified by jberthold, 7 years ago) (diff)|
Building and Porting GHC
This Guide is primarily aimed at those who want to build and/or hack on GHC. It describes how to get started with building GHC on your machine, and how to tweak the settings to get the kind of build you want. It also describes the inner workings of the build system, so you can extend it, modify it, and use it to build your code.
- Getting the sources
- Platforms that GHC currently supports
- What tools you need
- Just building and installing GHC
Getting started for developers
- Controlling your build
- Useful workflows and makefile targets (new)
- How do I re-build after updating or changing GHC?
- Layout of important files and directories (new)
More detailed information about the build system
- Using the build system
- Architecture of the build system?
- Building the documentation
- Unregisterised builds
- Porting GHC
- Running the GHC test framework
- The NoFib benchmark suite
Please feel free to add pages here. In due course, information can be incorporated into the main documentation above.