|Version 2 (modified by simonmar, 9 years ago) (diff)|
This Guide is primarily aimed at those who want to build and/or hack on GHC. It describes how to get started with building GHC on your machine, and how to tweak the settings to get the kind of build you want. It also describes the inner workings of the build system, so you can extend it, modify it, and use it to build your code.
The documentation here will eventually replace the Building Guide. Text from that manual is gradually being incorporated here.
- Getting the sources
- Platforms that GHC currently supports
- What tools you need
- Quick start: just building and installing GHC
- Quick start: setting up a build tree for developers
- Using the build system
- Architecture of the build system?
- Building the documentation
- Porting GHC
- Known pitfalls in building GHC
- Building under Windows