|Version 6 (modified by BjornBringert, 9 years ago) (diff)|
This page is meant to document the current state of GHC on Apple Mac OS X on Intel x86 hardware.
DarwinPorts still has GHC as not supported on x86.
AudreyTang has contributed another GHC CVS build: http://perlcabal.org/~audreyt/tmp/ghc-6.5.20060526-i686-apple-darwin8.tar.bz2
- This build has a post-install script that fixes readline and installs GMP.framework for you, so there's no manual tweaking involved anymore.
This GHC CVS build seems to work quite well: http://www.uni-graz.at/imawww/haskell/ghc-6.5.20060409-i386-apple-darwin.tar.bz2 Some issues:
- You need to manually install GMP.framework in /Library/Frameworks, and libreadline.dylib (and the libreadline*.dylib symlinks, I guess) in /usr/local/lib (assuming prefix=/usr/local).
- When using runghc to build some cabal packages (e.g. xhtml), the setup program dies silently after building the archive, but before writing the .installed-pkg-config file. If the setup program is compiled with ghc, this does not happen.
- When using "./configure --prefix=/usr/local; make install", GHC gets installed in /usr/local/lib/-6.5/.
The Makefile.in for the release above is broken in a few ways, which causes the /-6.5/ weirdness The problems are:
- package is not set. Be sure that the package name does not end in a space
- the invocation of mkdirhier (INSTALL_DIR) is broken for libraries & share (lines 205 & 206) , the first $$0 is in error
- the library files are installed using cp, but should be installed using 'install -p' to preserve the timestamps