|Version 10 (modified by heisenbug, 2 years ago) (diff)|
This list overviews the active branches in the main GHC repository.
- dicts-strict: Strict Dictionaries. Nick Frisby. Make most dictionary arguments strict. It's stowed in a branch until cardinality is merged. It should be easier to implement after cardinality's refactoring.
- late-dmd: Late Demand Analysis. Nick Frisby. See #7782. It's stowed in a branch become of some nofib slowdowns I'm struggling to understand.
- late-lam-lift: Late Lambda Lift. Nick Frisby. We lift some lambdas before CorePrep. I'm still determining when to 'not' lift a lambda. My terse notes here.
- ticky-for-all-lets: Ticky for all lets. Nick Frisby. I think this patch is in mostly good shape, but I had to revert it because of a silly mistake. Need to double-check it. It adds ticky counters for lets, even those that don't end up as proper closures.
- type-nats: Solver for Type-Level Naturals. Iavor S. Diatchki. An experimental solver for discharging constraints involving natural numbers.
- atomics: Atomic memory operations. Ryan Newton. This expands on some work Simon Marlow started in 7.2.
- simd: SIMD support. Geoffrey Mainland. This extends the simple SIMD support in GHC HEAD, and is slated for 7.8.
- th-new: New Template Haskell. Geoffrey Mainland. This revamps Template Haskell, based on Simon PJ's proposal. See http://ghc.haskell.org/trac/ghc/blog/Template%20Haskell%20Proposal
- ghc-lwc2: Lightweight concurrency substrate support. KC Sivaramakrishnan. This implements an evolution of Peng Li's original concept of implementing a lot of the concurrency substrate in the RTS in Haskell. The design is described in a paper, "Composable Scheduler Activations for Haskell", found here: http://research.microsoft.com/en-us/um/people/simonpj/papers/lw-conc/lwc-hs13.pdf.
These branches are not merged, but they are also not totally dead ended, and their status is currently uncertain.
- coloured-core: Support for terminal color codes in -ddump-simpl output. Thomas Schilling.
- supercompiler: Max's Supercompiler. Max Bolingbroke. This implements the ideas present in Max's PhD thesis, seen here: http://www.cl.cam.ac.uk/techreports/UCAM-CL-TR-835.html
- local-gc: Capability-local garbage collection. Simon Marlow & Simon PJ. As described in "Multicore Garbage Collection with Local Heaps": http://community.haskell.org/~simonmar/papers/local-gc.pdf
The actual status of these branches, including whether they have been merged and/or superseded, is not clear.
- cpr-sum-types: CPR for sum types. Simon PJ.
- tc-arrows: Rearrange the typechecking of arrows, especially arrow "forms". Simon PJ & Ross Patterson.
- cross-compiler-alienless: Better support for cross compilation? Gabor Greif.
- srcloc and `real-src-loc-span: Amendments to spannings and SrcLocs. Ian Lynagh.
- ghc-spj: ???. Simon PJ.
This is a list of inactive branches which have been merged into the tree.
- ghc-axioms: First attempt at branched type family instances. Richard Eisenberg / José Pedro Magalhães / Simon PJ. Last commit was Jan 3, 2012. This was an early attempt at implementing branched type family instances. Superseded by overlapping-tyfams.
- overlapping-tyfams: Proper implementation of branched type family instances. Richard Eisenberg. Last commit was Dec 21, 2012. Merged into master on Dec 21, 2012, as commit 8366792eede3c8eb486ff15d8c8e62e9363f1959. See NewAxioms.
- type-reasoning on base: Experiments with type-level reasoning definitions. Richard Eisenberg / Gabor Greif. Changes to TypeLits and related files to support type-level reasoning. Merged into master on July 24th by Richard.
- at-defaults: Associated-type defaults. Max Bolingbroke. Merged into the 7.4 release.
- cardinality: Cardinality Analysis. Ilya Sergey. This will be part of the 7.8 release.
- encoding: Better UTF8 encoding support. Max Bolingbroke. This was merged into 7.4
- type-holes-branch: Support for Type Holes. Simon PJ, Sean Leather and Thijs Alkemade. This will be part of the 7.8 release.
- imp-param-class: Turn Implicit Parameters into functional dependencies using TypeNats. Iavor Diatchki. Merged and will be part of 7.8(?)
- unboxed-tuple-arguments: Extending -XUnboxedTuples. Max Bolingbroke. Merged into 7.6.
- ghc-new-co: New GHC Coercions. Simon PJ. Merged into 7.4(?)
- ghc-constraint-solver: New constraint solver. Simon & Dimitrios. Merged into 7.4(?)
- patch-5084: Fix for #5084. Max Bolingbroke. SimonPJ fixed it differently for 7.4(?)
- known-key-serialization: Iface serialization changes. Max Bolingbroke. Merged in 7.4(?)
- profiling: Profiling infrastructure overhaul. Simon Marlow. Merged in 7.4(?)
- ghc-defer: Deferred type errors. Simon PJ. Merged in 7.6.
- silent-sc-args: Silent superclass parameters. Simon PJ. Merged in 7.6.
- new-demand-to-merge: New demand analyzer. Ilya Sergey. Will be part of 7.8 release.
- patch-7704: Fix for #7704. José Pedro Magalhães. Will be part of 7.8.