Windows "native" port
|Reported by:||simonmar||Owned by:|
|Keywords:||Cc:||ndmitchell@…, fryguybob@…, dterei, dagitj@…, idhameed@…|
|Type of failure:||None/Unknown||Difficulty:||Difficult (2-5 days)|
|Test Case:||N/A||Blocked By:|
Create a Windows "native" port of GHC, i.e. one that uses the Microsoft toolchain instead of GCC and the GNU binutils. The main tasks are:
- Convert the pretty printer in the i386 NCG to generate MS/Intel syntax instead of AT&T syntax. We can then generate assembly code that MASM can grok.
- Make the RTS compile with Microsoft's CL compiler. (this has been done in the past, so shouldn't be too much work).
- Drop any dependencies on mingw32 functionality in the libraries.
- Make appropriate modifications to the driver, build system etc. We'd still need Cygwin/MSYS for build tools (dropping dependency on GNU make is another task entirely...)
Change History (13)
comment:6 Changed 4 years ago by simonmar
- Difficulty changed from Difficult (1 week) to Difficult (2-5 days)
Note: See TracTickets for help on using tickets.