Cross Compile and Universal Binary
|Reported by:||shelarcy@…||Owned by:|
|Operating System:||MacOS X||Architecture:||Unknown/Multiple|
|Type of failure:||None/Unknown||Difficulty:||Project (more than a week)|
|Test Case:||N/A||Blocked By:|
GHC supports both PowerPC and Intel Mac. And GHC site provides both version.
But it seems that there is no cross compiling feature and Universal Binary now.
If someone want to build Haskell application as Universal Binary:
- first he must build Power PC and Intel Mac's binary separately,
- then merge two binary using lipo command by hand.
And if someone want to build Universal Binary, he must have both machine.
It's not good.
This problem is critical for not only Haskell Application, but also a few Library.
wxHaskell project supplies binary package, that is good for newbie. And it provides make dist command that can build binary package easyly.
But If GHC doesn't support cross compile and Universal binary, it makes hard task that caused by above problems although dependencies has Universal Binary Support.
So I request the feature:
- support cross compile
- provide GHC (core and extra) libraries as Universal Binary
- and Cabal supports to build Universal Binary
under Mac OS X platform.
There are useful information to support Universal Binary.
Change History (10)
comment:6 Changed 4 years ago by simonmar
- Difficulty changed from Project (> 1 week) to Project (more than a week)