Build system is missing various dependencies
|Reported by:||simonmar||Owned by:|
|Type of failure:||Test Case:||N/A|
|Related Tickets:||Differential Rev(s):|
The build system is missing dependencies, which means that if you change something and recompile, you don't always get a working build. The most common problem is to issue a darcs-all pull followed by make, which may well result in a broken build depending on what changes were pulled.
I'm creating this ticket to keep track of the dependencies that we know are missing, so that maybe one day they could be fixed.
- re-configuring with a new --prefix will not cause the various tools and scripts that depend on prefix to be rebuilt.
- package dependencies are not mirrored in the build system: rebuilding base doesn't cause all the other packages to be rebuilt, for example.
The following are probably not feasible/desirable to fix:
- stage 2 doesn't have a dependency on the packages.
- the packages don't have a dependency on the .hi file format
Change History (12)
comment:10 Changed 8 years ago by simonmar
- Operating System changed from Multiple to Unknown/Multiple
comment:11 Changed 7 years ago by simonmar
- Milestone changed from _|_ to 6.12.1
- Priority changed from low to high