GHC 7.8.0 RC2 fails when compiling a hello world program on Windows 7 32bits
|Reported by:||facundoq||Owned by:|
|Type of failure:||Compile-time crash||Test Case:|
|Related Tickets:||Differential Revisions:|
Windows shows a window that says "GHC has stopped working" when compiling a simple hello world.
Steps to reproduce
1) Download GHC 7.8 RC2 (http://www.haskell.org/ghc/dist/7.8.1-rc2/ghc-22.214.171.12440228-i386-unknown-mingw32.tar.bz2)
2) Extract the contents of the tar to folder $GHC$
3) Add $GHC$\bin and $GHC$\mingw\bin folder to the PATH, add env var "LANG=C".
4) Create file test.hs with contents:
main = putStrLn "Hello, World!"
5) run "ghc test.hs".
Interestingly, the error is not deterministic, ie, after running the command several times the program gets compiled. When that happens, and ff the file test.o is not deleted, further attempts to compile run succesfully.
GHCi appears to work normally (when doing simple tests).
Change History (20)
comment:8 Changed 11 months ago by thoughtpolice
- Milestone changed from 7.8.1 to 7.8.2
- Priority changed from highest to high
- Status changed from new to infoneeded
comment:14 Changed 11 months ago by awson
comment:16 in reply to: ↑ 15 Changed 11 months ago by awson
comment:18 Changed 11 months ago by thoughtpolice
- Resolution set to fixed
- Status changed from infoneeded to closed