scavenge_stack: weird activation record found on stack on "cabal install -j"
|Reported by:||adinapoli||Owned by:|
|Operating System:||MacOS X||Architecture:||x86_64 (amd64)|
|Type of failure:||Runtime crash||Test Case:|
|Related Tickets:||Differential Rev(s):|
sorry if this was reported somewhere else. I know that the dreadful "scavenge_stack" is nothing new, but it's the first time I see it on Mac OS X (I'm on Maverick, OS X 10.9.2).
This is a "stacktrace" of the problem. It seems to happen almost consistently if I try to do a parallel installation:
[hsenv]☁ ~HSENV cabal install -j snap Resolving dependencies... Configuring HUnit-188.8.131.52... Downloading MonadRandom-0.1.13... Downloading logict-0.6.0.2... cabal: internal error: scavenge_stack: weird activation record found on stack: 415597384 (GHC version 184.108.40.20640228 for x86_64_apple_darwin) Please report this as a GHC bug: http://www.haskell.org/ghc/reportabug  2328 abort cabal install -j snap [hsenv]☁ ~HSENV
The concerning thing is that it doesn't seem to be deterministic. After issuing that command, I have tried again and it worked this time:
[hsenv]☁ ~HSENV cabal install -j snap Resolving dependencies... Configuring HUnit-220.127.116.11... Downloading MonadRandom-0.1.13... Configuring SHA-1.6.4... Downloading logict-0.6.0.2... Downloading process-18.104.22.168... [...]
It seems to happen with every package and I have tried to install snap just for the sake of reproducing it.
ps. Cross-posted on Github into the cabal issue tracker: https://github.com/haskell/cabal/issues/1716
Change History (11)
comment:2 in reply to: ↑ 1 Changed 19 months ago by adinapoli
comment:4 follow-up: ↓ 5 Changed 19 months ago by thoughtpolice
- Milestone changed from 7.8.1 to 7.8.2