Invalid object in isRetainer() or Segfault
|Reported by:||crockeea||Owned by:|
|Operating System:||Linux||Architecture:||x86_64 (amd64)|
|Type of failure:||Runtime crash||Test Case:|
|Related Tickets:||Differential Revisions:|
Description (last modified by JamesM)
When compiling with
-rtsopts -threaded -prof -fprof-auto -caf-all
and running with
I get a "Segmentation fault" every time.
If I run with -N4 -qg1 -hr, I either get a segfault or
internal error: Invalid object in isRetainer(): 40
When the segfault happens, it happens quickly. If the segfault doesn't happen, the program runs for about 5 seconds and I get "invalid object" error (always 40).
Without -hr, I have never gotten a segfault.
Edit (1/2015): This is still occurring under multiple threads in ghc 7.8.3.
GHC options: -Wall -prof -fprof-auto -threaded -rtsopts
Runtime Options: -N4 -hr -L1000
Change History (13)
comment:8 Changed 6 months ago by thomie
- Cc simonmar added
- Component changed from Compiler to Runtime System
comment:10 Changed 6 months ago by thomie
- Resolution set to worksforme
- Status changed from infoneeded to closed
comment:11 Changed 4 months ago by JamesM
- Description modified (diff)
- Resolution worksforme deleted
- Status changed from closed to new
- Version changed from 7.6.3 to 7.8.3
comment:12 Changed 4 months ago by thoughtpolice
- Milestone changed from 7.10.1 to 7.10.2
- Status changed from new to infoneeded