Fix installation issues with cross compiling + honour Stage1Only properly
|Reported by:||StephenBlackheath||Owned by:|
|Type of failure:||Installing GHC failed||Test Case:|
|Related Tickets:||Differential Rev(s):|
This patch fixes three problems that occur during a cross compile to embedded Linux (details below):
- arm-ldu-linux-gnueabi-ghc-pkg gets a symlink but no wrapper script upon installation, and this causes the installation to break later when it tries to run it.
- hp2ps doesn't get the prefix like the other commands do (i.e. arm-ldu-linux-gnueabi-ghc- is missing from the name of the executable). This is just for consistency.
- The stage2 compiler is built when Stage1Only is set to YES (though it does not get installed). This makes the build take longer than it needs to.
SplitObjs = NO HADDOCK_DOCS = NO BUILD_DOCBOOK_HTML = NO BUILD_DOCBOOK_PS = NO BUILD_DOCBOOK_PDF = NO INTEGER_LIBRARY = integer-simple Stage1Only = YES
./configure --target=arm-ldu-linux-gnueabi --prefix=/usr/local/ghc-ldu
Change History (9)
Changed 4 years ago by StephenBlackheath
comment:7 Changed 4 years ago by simonmar
- Component changed from Compiler to Build System
- Milestone set to 7.8.1
- Resolution set to fixed
- Status changed from patch to closed