Set -M, -H, -c and other memory-related values based on available virtual/physical memory
|Reported by:||simonmar||Owned by:|
|Type of failure:||None/Unknown||Test Case:||N/A|
|Related Tickets:||Differential Rev(s):|
Description (last modified by igloo)
From John Meacham:
perhaps if -M is not otherwise set, getrlimit(RLIMIT_AS,..) could be called and the maximum heap size set to just under that, since it is the point that the OS will forcefully kill the program anyway.
Ravi Nanavati would like to be able to set the value to a percentage of physical RAM, e.g. `prog +RTS -H256m -M95% -RTS'.
Bulat Ziganshin would like to be able to do the same with -c.
Change History (10)
comment:3 Changed 10 years ago by simonmar
- Milestone changed from 6.6.1 to _|_
- Type changed from task to feature request
comment:4 Changed 9 years ago by igloo
- Description modified (diff)
- Summary changed from Set -M value based on available virtual memory to Set -M and -c values based on available virtual memory
comment:5 Changed 9 years ago by Bulat
- Summary changed from Set -M and -c values based on available virtual memory to Set -M, -H, -c and other memory-related values based on available virtual/physical memory
comment:9 Changed 7 years ago by simonmar
- difficulty changed from Easy (1 hr) to Easy (less than 1 hour)