Generic1 deriving: Can we replace Rec1 f with f :.: Par1?
|Reported by:||spl||Owned by:||dreixel|
|Type of failure:||None/Unknown||Test Case:|
|Related Tickets:||Differential Rev(s):|
It seems like Rec1 f is isomorphic to f :.: Par1. Is it possible and beneficial to replace the former with the latter and deprecate/remove Rec1?
- Currently, a parameter type is found in Par1 or Rec1. By removing Rec1, there would be only one place for parameters. This simplifies generic functions.
- It is in the interest of reducing redundancy in the representation, something that appears to be consistent with the design of the representation types (e.g. using the same type for multiple meanings).
Change History (11)
comment:1 Changed 4 years ago by simonpj
- Cc changed from firstname.lastname@example.org to email@example.com,
- difficulty set to Unknown
- Owner set to dreixel
comment:4 Changed 2 years ago by thoughtpolice
- Cc changed from firstname.lastname@example.org, to email@example.com
- Milestone changed from 7.8.3 to 7.10.1