|Reported by:||guest||Owned by:|
|Operating System:||Windows||Architecture:||x86_64 (amd64)|
|Type of failure:||GHCi crash||Test Case:|
|Related Tickets:||Differential Revisions:|
I received the following message about a crash while running ghci. I'm definitely doing some things I should not be, but this was also not expected; I'm not sure if it's something that should be fixed or if this is a case of "don't do that". Namely, I'm starting a Google App Engine dev_appserver.py script using System.Process.runCommand. The trouble is, I can't install the latest process package on my Windows system, so I'm stuck with some outdated commands - I can't terminate a process group on Windows, so I use terminateProcess to just kill the top process created, then terminate the underlying python.exe through Task Manager.
You can see where I tried to reload my .hs below after killing python.exe; I was trying to type ":r". I'm not sure if this is related, or just the issue with running/exiting App Engine. The crash may be related to the fact that I'm using the ghci standard output for the App Engine process (somehow, it trapped the ":" in my command even after I killed python.exe, but before typing anything else). I did manually ping the local App Engine server after terminating the top process, but before killing python.exe - I noticed the output was redirected to ghci. This may just be a strange issue with how App Engine traps messages.
<interactive>:1:1: Not in scope: `r' *Main> ghc.exe: panic! (the 'impossible' happened)
(GHC version 7.0.3 for i386-unknown-mingw32):
thread blocked indefinitely in an MVar operation
Please report this as a GHC bug: http://www.haskell.org/ghc/reportabug
Change History (3)
comment:1 Changed 3 years ago by guest
- Architecture changed from Unknown/Multiple to x86_64 (amd64)
- Component changed from Compiler to GHCi
- Operating System changed from Unknown/Multiple to Windows
- Type of failure changed from None/Unknown to GHCi crash