Top level splice in Template Haskell has over-ambitious lexical scope?
|Reported by:||mightybyte||Owned by:|
|Operating System:||Linux||Architecture:||x86_64 (amd64)|
|Type of failure:||Incorrect warning at compile-time||Difficulty:||Unknown|
|Test Case:||th/T5971||Blocked By:|
ghc: panic! (the 'impossible' happened)
(GHC version 7.4.1 for x86_64-unknown-linux):
While working on this project https://github.com/mightybyte/snaplet-postgresql-simple I encountered a GHC panic. To reproduce, check out revision 6573d4359c5cb7699c931c44ebf1bf135099f83b (currently HEAD of the master branch), cabal install it, then go to the example directory and build with "ghc --make Site.hs".
This has caused the crash for me on two different Linux systems with GHC 7.4.1. I realize it requires building a large number of package dependencies, but I have no idea of how to construct a smaller test case. It should be pretty easy to build these dependencies with cabal or cabal-dev.
Change History (12)
comment:1 Changed 2 years ago by simonmar
- Difficulty set to Unknown
- Milestone set to 7.4.2
- Priority changed from normal to high
Changed 2 years ago by pcapriotti
comment:8 Changed 2 years ago by pcapriotti
- Milestone changed from 7.4.2 to 7.6.1
- Owner pcapriotti deleted
- Type of failure changed from Compile-time crash to Incorrect warning at compile-time
- Version changed from 7.4.1 to 7.5
comment:10 Changed 2 years ago by simonpj
- Summary changed from GHC Panic: nameModule to Top level splice in Template Haskell has over-ambitious lexical scope?