Generalize -msse2 command line flag to -msse<version number>
|Reported by:||tibbe||Owned by:|
|Type of failure:||None/Unknown||Test Case:|
|Related Tickets:||Differential Revisions:|
I'm looking into adding support for the popcnt instruction. The instruction should be used if the user specifies -msse4.2*. I think we should generalize the -msse2 flag to be just -msse followed by a version number.
- Although not formally part of the SSE 4.2 instruction set, the popcnt instruction was added at the same time. GCC enables the popcnt instruction if you specify -msse4.2, so I thought it'd be reasonable for us to do so as well.
Change History (8)
comment:2 Changed 3 years ago by igloo
- Milestone changed from 7.4.1 to 7.6.1
- Priority changed from normal to low
comment:4 Changed 23 months ago by tibbe
- difficulty set to Unknown
- Resolution set to fixed
- Status changed from new to closed