LLVM: Dynamic Library Support
|Reported by:||dterei||Owned by:||dterei|
|Type of failure:||Runtime crash||Test Case:|
|Related Tickets:||Differential Rev(s):|
Description (last modified by dterei)
dynamic library status:
* Supported: Linux 64bit, Mac OSX 64bit * Unsupported: Linux 32bit, Mac OSX 32bit, Windows 32bit
The LLVM backend doesn't support dynamic libraries at the moment.
LLC supports a flag called '-relocation-mode' that can be used to support this, it takes the following options:
default - let the target choose. static - static code. pic - PIC code. dynamic-no-pic - Dynamic references but static code
This roughly corresponds to GHC -fPIC, and -dynamic flags.
Linux: Simply adding the correct flag to LLC seems to work fine. Mac OSX, Windows: Adding the correct flag doesn't work at all, all programs segfault.
Change History (33)
comment:6 follow-up: ↓ 8 Changed 5 years ago by dterei
- Summary changed from LLVM: Dynamic Library Support to LLVM: Dynamic Library Support1
comment:7 Changed 5 years ago by dterei
- Summary changed from LLVM: Dynamic Library Support1 to LLVM: Dynamic Library Support
comment:19 Changed 4 years ago by igloo
- Milestone changed from 7.4.1 to 7.6.1
- Priority changed from normal to low
comment:28 Changed 23 months ago by thoughtpolice
- Resolution set to fixed
- Status changed from patch to closed