Segmentation fault with compacting GC, and multiple threads
|Reported by:||guest||Owned by:|
|Type of failure:||Test Case:|
|Related Tickets:||Differential Rev(s):|
In a program I have experienced a segmentation fault; not only that but also:
* tpp.c:63: __pthread_tpp_change_priority: Assertion `new_prio == -1 || (new_prio >= _sched_fifo_min_prio && new_prio <= __sched_fifo_max_prio)' failed.' * internal error: removeThreadFromQueue: not found (GHC version 6.8.2 for i386_unknown_linux) Please report this as a GHC bug: http://www.haskell.org/ghc/reportabug
I have managed to write a program that reproduces the problem, it is in attachment.
- Compile with: $ghc --make -threaded -O2 main.hs
- Execute with: $./main +RTS -A128M -s -c -N4 -RTS 5000000 500
This should produce a segmentation fault (or one of the previous errors).
I strongly suspect that the cause is an uncaught stack overflow.
- Executing the code with only 1 threads, there are no more problems.
- Increasing the thread stack size (-k1M), there are no more problems.
If the problem is really an uncaught stack overflow, I'm rather sure that a more simple test can be written, to reproduce the problem.
I'm on Linux Debian Etch i386; GHC 6.8.2.
Change History (4)
Changed 6 years ago by guest
comment:2 Changed 6 years ago by dons
- Summary changed from segmentation fault to Segmentation fault with compacting GC, and multiple threads