On windows, hGetLine stdin leaks like an inside trader
|Reported by:||sclv||Owned by:||simonmar|
|Type of failure:||Test Case:|
|Related Tickets:||Differential Rev(s):|
1) Compile the following code, in GHC 6.10.1 or 6.8.3 on Windows XP.
2) Don't type anything, just bring up the task manager and wait.
3) Watch as the memory usage climbs, slowly, and then with increasing vigor.
4) If you start typing things, the memory usage will cease climbing.
main = do forever $ do x <- hGetLine stdin putStrLn x
Change History (6)
comment:3 Changed 7 years ago by simonmar
- difficulty set to Unknown
- Milestone set to 6.10.2
- Owner set to simonmar
- Priority changed from normal to high