Remove Hack in compiler/nativeGen/MachCodeGen.hs
|Reported by:||clemens||Owned by:||thoughtpolice|
|Type of failure:||None/Unknown||Difficulty:||Unknown|
|Test Case:||Blocked By:|
Description (last modified by igloo)
Remove the hack around Line 3914 labeled with:
-- HACK: On x86_64 binutils<2.17 is only able to generate PC32 -- relocations, hence we only get 32-bit offsets in the jump -- table. As these offsets are always negative we need to properly -- sign extend them to 64-bit. This hack should be removed in -- conjunction with the hack in PprMach.hs/pprDataItem once -- binutils 2.17 is standard.
This bug is intended for house keeping.
Change History (11)
comment:1 Changed 5 years ago by igloo
- Description modified (diff)
- Difficulty set to Unknown
- Milestone set to 6.12 branch
comment:3 Changed 4 years ago by igloo
- Milestone changed from 6.12.3 to 6.14.1
- Priority changed from normal to low
comment:8 Changed 2 years ago by igloo
- Milestone changed from 7.4.1 to 7.6.1
- Priority changed from low to lowest
comment:10 Changed 15 months ago by igloo
- Milestone changed from 7.6.2 to 7.8.1
- Priority changed from lowest to high
Note: See TracTickets for help on using tickets.