documentation for nub and nubBy should be corrected, extended or removed.
|Reported by:||jdressel||Owned by:|
|Keywords:||Cc:||ekmett@…, hvr, ekmett|
|Type of failure:||None/Unknown||Difficulty:||Unknown|
|Test Case:||Blocked By:|
While working on a fun math/programming exercise I discovered a peculiar behavior in "nub". While it worked the vast majority of the time, there were a few cases where it failed to purge all duplicates as defined by (==). Replacing the use of "nub" with "nubBy (==)" correctly purged all cases.
I have linked a codepad evaluation that outputs the strange behavior:
I would have isolated the bug better for you, but like I say nub works by far the majority of the time. This must be a peculiar clash with my custom data structures and strange definition of (==).
Change History (15)
comment:1 Changed 6 years ago by JeremyShaw
- Resolution set to invalid
- Status changed from new to closed
comment:2 follow-up: ↓ 6 Changed 6 years ago by guest
- Component changed from Compiler to libraries/base
- Resolution invalid deleted
- Status changed from closed to reopened
comment:5 Changed 6 years ago by simonmar
- Difficulty set to Unknown
- Owner set to simonmar
- Status changed from reopened to new
comment:10 Changed 3 years ago by maeder
- Owner simonmar deleted
- Resolution fixed deleted
- Status changed from closed to new
- Type of failure set to None/Unknown
comment:14 Changed 7 months ago by George
- Summary changed from nub not as reliable as nubBy to documentation for nub and nubBy should be corrected, extended or removed.