Change the meaning of -fextended-default-rules
|Reported by:||simonmar||Owned by:|
|Type of failure:||None/Unknown||Test Case:|
|Related Tickets:||Differential Rev(s):|
Currently -fextended-default-rules applies to source code modules. GHCi has the extended defaulting behaviour by default for expressions typed at the prompt, and there's no way to change that.
We propose the following change: extended defaulting would only ever apply to expressions typed at the GHCi prompt, and it would be disabled with -fno-extended-default-rules (on by default).
See also #1200, where -fextended-default-rules was introduced.
Change History (18)
comment:9 Changed 7 years ago by simonmar
- difficulty changed from Easy (1 hr) to Easy (less than 1 hour)
comment:11 Changed 6 years ago by igloo
- Milestone changed from 6.12.3 to 6.14.1
- Priority changed from normal to low
comment:15 Changed 5 years ago by igloo
- Milestone changed from 7.4.1 to 7.6.1
- Priority changed from low to lowest