Arity can decrease with -prof
|Reported by:||igloo||Owned by:|
|Type of failure:||None/Unknown||Test Case:||stm package/tests/conc052|
|Related Tickets:||Differential Rev(s):|
Description (last modified by simonpj)
f = \p\q.body x = scc "foo" f (\y.e)
shows f having arity 2, and hence x having arity 1. But when we inline f, we get
x = scc "foo" let p = \x.e in \q.body
and the cheap-and-cheerful arity discovery function (exprArity) detects arity of 0, not 1. And then CoreLint complains about the inconsistency of arity and strictness info.
This is unpleasant but not actually a problem.
It shows up in the conc052 test (in the stm package).
Part of #1546 might be the same problem.
Change History (8)
comment:1 Changed 8 years ago by simonpj
- Description modified (diff)
- Milestone changed from 6.8 branch to 6.10 branch
- Summary changed from conc052 core lint errors in profc/profasm ways to Arity can decrease with -prof
- Test Case set to stm package/tests/conc052
comment:4 Changed 7 years ago by simonmar
- Milestone changed from 6.10 branch to _|_
- Priority changed from high to normal