Welcome to the GHC Developer Wiki
This is the home for GHC developers. If you're only interested in using GHC, then you probably want The GHC home page. If you are an aspiring GHC developer, and just want to get started, read the Newcomers page (which is always in the sidebar under "Joining in").
Please help improve the GHC developer's wiki
Please help us improve the information on the GHC developer's wiki. You can easily do this by editing the wiki directly. Just register an account, and then edit away. Alternatively, log in as user guest with password guest (but we'd prefer you to create an account, because it enables us to contact you if necessary). The Help/Guide link at the top of every page gives a good description of the markup language and how to use Trac in general.
- Forthcoming planned releases:
- 8.0.1 (43 open tickets with priority high or highest)
- Harbormaster, the nightly build bots and Travis are keeping an eye on our code. See the Status page for more information.
- Volunteer your machine as a GHC build slave. This will help us find and fix issues with GHC on your platform.
- Internships at Microsoft Research, Cambridge, working on Haskell and GHC.
- The GHC Commentary
Documentation on the design, architecture, and implementation of GHC itself, with references to the actual source code.
- Debugging GHC
All aspects of debugging, testing, and benchmarking GHC.